Sunday, June 30, 2013

Time to link up your Q2 finishes in the Finish - A - Long

she can quilt

So as your hostess for the Finish-A-Long, I have the privilege of sharing my finishes from my Q2 FAL List - which is here - first. Unfortunately, there are no finishes on my list, not a single one - oops!

Let's look at my list:
4 Pickle Dish Blocks

1. Pickle Dish Quilt - this is to be a wedding present for the oldest and the wedding is this weekend. It will be late, but luckily he won't care. I tried my best, but things got in the way. It will be on the Q3 list.

Borders?

2. Grannie square quilt - not done, but looking great so far.

Emerald Irish Chain

3. Emerald Irish Chain: There is no good excuse for this one, it is now 4/5 quilted, I just set it aside for a day or two and it is still set aside.

Low volume top and EPP

4. Low Volume Quilt with circles on it. I did not do a thing on this one, sigh. I want it for the beach in August, so I best get on with it soon.

Octagonal Orb blocks

5. Octagonal Orb quilt for Siblings Together, with blocks from the Always Bee Learning bee. I have all the blocks now, I am just completing the piecing on the last one to make 12. This quilt is top priority next week, it is going to London with me in July - there is considerable motivation to finish it. The pattern for these blocks is by Elizabeth Hartman and the tutorial is here.

I hope you have done better than me. I think each of these will be on my Q3 list together with a couple of other projects, there is more time to sew in the summer for me. And clearly I need the FAL, now more than ever.

Now it is your turn, link up your finishes. This is from last time:


How do I link up my finishes? Do I need one link for each finish?
  • Please link one blog post or flickr picture for each finished item.
  • If you like, you can link up older blog posts where you first showed off your finished item, you do not have to write a new post for each finish. 
  • It is nice to see one end of quarter post letting us all know how you did overall, so feel free to use this post to link one item and then link older posts for the rest of the finishes. Please
  • Please ensure that at least one your end of quarter linked posts contains a link to your original Q2 FAL list so that I can check to make sure your finishes are of things on your Q2 list. It is even easier for me if all of the linked posts link to that original Q2 list. If you are linking flickr photos, add a link to the originally linked flickr photo in the photo description. And yes, I do check, Rhonda can be a bit of a taskmaster you know.
she can quilt

The link is open until midnight MST July 7 MST - don't be late. You must link your finishes by then for them to count in the draw for the wonderful prizes from our generous and wonderful sponsors. If you are trying to squeeze one last finish in you can link the rest now and that last one at the 11th hour - just saying.

I can't wait to see how many beautiful projects you have finished and gotten out of your sewing rooms this quarter. Oh, and you can start getting together your Q3 lists, the link for posting that list will open on July 8 and you will have a week to link up your Q3 list. Don't forget, we have  great tutorials coming  this week, in between the link ups - it is going to be a fun week.

Tomorrow is Canada Day, a holiday in Canada. Enjoy!

Best,

Leanne

29 comments:

Dawn said...

Your granny squares are wonderful! Can't wait to see that one finished. I keep seeing so many of these gorgeous granny squares that I think I have to squeeze one into my schedule. Thanks for helping motivate me. :)

Susan said...

Got my post about ready! Just checking though- in the last dot point above you refer to Q1 FAL list- should that be Q2? I didn't join in in Q1!

Shevvy said...

You at least made some progress which is better than I did. No sewing done on anything on my list at all!
Hope you are having a great weekend.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Well they are all gorgeous projects even if you didn't finish them!

Kelly said...

Some progress is better than none ;-)

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

You have some gorgeous projects here - especially the Granny quilt!! I'm all linked up - I managed to finish 5 out of 7 goals - a record for me!!

Debbie said...

oh yeah - I'm one of those trying to finish up one more FAL project! That's for all your work on this Leanne - it's been a busy time for you! And finished or not - your quilts are beautiful and inspiring - will definitely be watching as you finish them up...

elle said...

Oooh!I am not feeling sew bad! I have to say I also have zip to show! I'm not sure what happened after such a great first quarter. So it'll be same song third verse for the next go round! vbsigh!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

You may not have finished anything but you've made wonderful progress with most of them (especially the PD quilt) and you seem to have been working non-stop for weeks now - hopefully things will calm down at work and you can get some more sewing time!

nicole said...

Love your granny squares, and i agree with everyone else, a bit of progress is better than none! I purposely made my list longer than i knew i could handle, that way i would be sure to finish at least one project!
And i'm not sure if it's just my computer but the linky list is sliding under your sidebar... it's a bit difficult to click on the right side links!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

You've had a lot going on. Now what's my excuse for not getting my list finished? See you soon. I can't wait!

CapitolaQuilter said...

Progress is progress and there was just something about this last quarter that made it fly by even faster than usual. I finished half my list which doesn't sound very good so I will think of it as having completed four quilts three months - that sounds better!

Katherine said...

Oh, Leanne, each of your projects is so beautiful! This may sound a little funny... but, I have to admit I'm glad they're not finished... that way we can see more of them in the future. (Yes, I suppose that sounds rather selfish... LOL) It's not truly wrong is it, to want something so good to not to end? ;o)

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend of celebrating with your family! Thank goodness we've got gorgeous weather for it. Congrats to the happy couple.

Canadian Abroad said...

You have so many beautiful projects on the go. And have been so busy of late. They will all get finished and we will happily wait. Hope the wedding was fab and that everyone had a good time.

Trudi said...

Hoping to have my laptop fixed in time to get this done :( I have 5 out of 7 I think!

Anonymous said...

Leanne Thankyou sooo...ooh much for all you help in keeping us going with the quilt along. The progress of your pickle dish is beautiful and they will love it all the more when finished. I will link up my post. I too haven't finished my list but I'm happy with the progress. Have a fabulous wedding and enjoy every minute Marie x

Adrianne @ On the Windy Side said...

Thanks for hosting the 2nd linky party Leanne - all your projects are lovely, it's a shame you didn't quite get to finish them. Never mind - good things take time, right?

Vivian said...

The thing about these finish challenges (and I said as much in my post) is that any work done on a project gets it that much closer to being done. One of my 1st quarter finishes had been worked on in a previous finish challenge but only finally got done when I joined this one. But the work done previously got it here so it's all good! Just keep pluggin'!

pennydog said...

Ooh ooh I may just make it! I'm at about the same step as your Irish Chain now.

Toni said...

Leanne, your projects look so great! You may not have had a finish, but plenty of progress was made. Your son's Pickle Dish is going to be amazing! Thanks so much for all the time you spend working on the FAL!

dutchcomfort said...

With your busy life I’m impressed that you get any sewing done at all!! Looking forward to your finished in the third quarter!

Joni said...

Thank you for facilitating this Finish-A-Long. I had not finished a quilt project for over 6 months, and posting a list in April really motivated me to complete some things. I look forward to more finishes as the year continues.

OPQuilt said...

Lovely projects, all. I look forward to seeing more of them in the future. Every witty thing I could think of has already been said, so all I can say is, Carry On!

Thanks for all your work on this--I do appreciate it!

Elizabeth E.
opquilt.com

Katy Cameron said...

Sorry, broke the rules as I'm not sure I'll have time to write a new post with the list, but here's the original one with my 4 submissions on it :o) http://thelittlestthistlecraftshop.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/finish-along-q2-april-finish-goals.html

Paula said...

I've never seen a pickledish pattern before. I really like it. Perfect combination of colors!

Carla said...

Thanks for all the motivation and inspiration !!

Pat V. said...

Yay, I finally finished one!

Pat V. said...

I originally forgot the link to the goal setting photo, hopefully I added it before you looked! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/46475752@N05/8636291816/)

You really have some awesome projects going!

Katy Cameron said...

You're very nearly there with most of them, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :o)